The 4th meeting of the Internationalization Council of the University of Mazandaran was held.
The meeting was held in order to implement appropriate strategies for organizing the affairs of UMZ’s international students who have enrolled for fall 2020 classes. It was also held in order to present a report of the activities of the Office of International and Scientific Cooperation (OISC) in the past 6 months.
Dr. K. Nozari, the President of the University, while pointing to the significant increase in international students interested in studying at UMZ, emphasized that attention to educational infrastructure is of special importance and that the university will try to allocate a significant part of the revenues attained to further expand the educational infrastructure of the university for international students. This means that the university will be able to provide more services to international students. At this meeting, it was also agreed that members of the International Strategic Council should act as advisors to international students of different faculties of UMZ Campus.
The main topics and issues brought up at the recent meeting were:
- Holding mid-term and final exams online,
- Holding separate refresher courses and classes for international students if necessary,
- Preparing the appropriate digital content/s for international students,
- How to choose and help prospective supervisors, advisors and referees of international students’ theses and dissertations,
- The need to further expand the English infrastructure for students who are doing their BA, MA and PhD programs in English at UMZ,
- Devising Incentives for faculty members, heads of the faculties, and administrative staff who have assisted OISC and international students in various ways,
- Reviewing the tuition fees of professors who have international students.
The PowerPoint of the activities of the Office of International and Scientific Cooperation