International Strategies and Cooperation
University of Mazandaran has made internalization a key goal for in its future development. It cultivates cooperation and partnerships around the globe for teaching, learning and research.
Internationally engaged and interconnected
UMZ has many approaches to international engagement, not just a single, centrally coordinated international strategy because an international orientation encourages diverse intellectual approaches, it attracts students and scientists from around the world. The University’s international atmosphere, the way it organizes studies, and the focused way it promotes international projects ensure that our graduates are equipped to meet their responsibilities in various contexts, both here at home and abroad.
The aim of the University of Mazandaran is to create an international academic environment and to increase the number of mobility students and academic staff and to promote cooperation with other universities and research institutes in Iran and abroad, in order to exchange experience and share education, research and development capacities.
UMZ faculty are free to pursue engagements and seek access to collaborators, facilities, and sponsors that will benefit them and their partners, whether in Iran or abroad.
Cooperation around the globe
UMZ cooperates with foreign universities in both research and teaching. This can be participation in research alliances, exchange programs or dual-degree study programs. The world map shown here pinpoints partner universities and selected cooperation.
- 13 Cooperation with European Universities
- 10 Cooperation with Asian Universities
- 3 Cooperation with Middle-Eastern Universities
The internationalization strategy
In further developing our international profile and reputation, the University places particular emphasis upon:
- Enabling students and staff to engage in international events in order to further their personal and professional development,
- Promoting partnership with international universities, funding bodies and other private and public organizations including through our participation in the Erasmus+ programs,
- Supporting the social, cultural and economic interests of the city and region through the university’s international expertise and engagement,
- Working closely with faculties and their staff to create a joined-up approach
- Constant increase of the number of foreign professors, with their inclusion in the implementation of projects and research programs undertaken by the university,
- Expanding the scope of scientific cooperation with "non-university" research centers abroad (research institutes, scientific foundations, international institutions - especially the UN agendas and programs, etc.);
- Continuous improvement of the English language website, substantial expansion and improvement of the Russian and Arabic site.
- Continuous improvement of the English language website, substantial expansion and improvement of the Persian, Arabic and Russian websites.